GGP has an immediate need for an Associate Operations Manager at Stonebriar Centre in Dallas, TX. While this is a salaried position, it is a training role intended to prepare you for a dynamic career as an Operations Manager at GGP within 12-18 months, and will require relocation after this time.
GGP has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self-starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer every day. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
The successful Associate Operations Manager at Stonebriar will communicate well, be a self-starter, take initiative, and not be afraid to ask questions. This person will be involved independently in projects and after some time training and developing, be able to execute them seamlessly. A measure of successs will be completing a project from tenant pre-construction meeting through to completion, and positive movement of knowing and being able to perform in the areas of BD, engineering, and maintenance.
Assists the (Senior) Operations Manager in managing the overall operations of the shopping center in accordance with GGP policies and standards to maximize profitability, including the following areas: mechanical systems, construction practices, preventative maintenance and government regulations, cost control, general and preventative property maintenance, construction coordination, public safety, housekeeping and other contracted services, forecasting property expenses, preparing operational reports and assisting with specialty leasing and marketing programs. This position will focus on fine tuning operational methods for the center(s) while improving NOI.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain effective general and preventive maintenance programs, including the implementation and management of the MicroMain system
- Work effectively with the National Operations Director to implement Corporate programs
- Monitor all tenant, landlord construction as well as legal tracking
Monitor all center-contracted services and vendor supplies- in particular, monitor emergency and "off hours" work (snow removal, flooding, power outages, etc.)
- Obtain bids and prepare work orders
- Participate in GGP’s sustainability efforts
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to supervise and administer all GGP maintenance employees to insure maximum performance and compliance with all GGP policies and procedures
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to identify and resolve Human Capital issues in conjunction with GGP policies and under direction of GM
- Prepare documentation for the expense portion of the quarterly forecast/business plan
- Work with Accounting team to insure timely payment of invoices
Conduct operational audits with (Senior) Operations Manager and ensure processes are in compliance with corporate policy
- Prepare back-up information for operational reports for regional/corporate managers
- Assist with marketing related events and promotions as needed
Work effectively with the (Group) Business Development
- Representative to help implement the specialty leasing program to maximize income
- Help maintain all State and Federal required reports and safety documentation
- Assist with recording asset inventory and property purchases
Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to implement Risk Management and Emergency Planning procedures
- Maintain building systems and technical systems (i.e., computers and peripherals)
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to understand utility rate structures as well as analyze and monitor utility consumption
- Participate in Manager On Duty rotation
- Other duties as required
Qualifications include the following:
Minimum vocational/technical training
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree desired
2 years in the property or construction management industry
2 years administrative/technical experience and knowledge of property physical systems
Shopping center industry experience desired
Understanding of building systems, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
Good analytical skills
Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner
Willingness to learn new skills
Some knowledge of computer software and peripherals
1 year of supervisory experience with 2 or more employees and/or contracted services preferred
GGP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.