Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands is Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multichannel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
As Director of HR, you will be responsible for driving the people strategy and culture of the Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen Brands. This role provides the leadership to deliver a spectrum of strategic and tactical HR support and programs for associates and managers. This is a hands-on, solution-focused role that helps drive business results by ensuring our ability to attract, engage, and develop the best talent in retail.
Organizational Consulting: Provide advice and counsel to leaders and associates in the Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen client groups on a wide array of talent considerations including organizational design, team dynamics, retention and engagement, and bench strength as well as individual coaching for enhanced performance and skill building. Partner with HR functional groups and Talent Acquisition to provide a superior customer experience for the associates.
* Talent Programs: Partner with business leaders to develop and execute programs that will support continuous engagement and career development of associates.
* Talent Strategy: In partnership with the HR team, drive our talent strategy through the brands.
* Talent Process: Drive the HR processes, such as the annual and year-round activities associated with the performance management, succession planning, and compliance processes.
* HR Metrics: Track and analyze staffing, retention, turnover, exit interview data and other information necessary to provide direction on key areas of focus to drive business results.
* Associate Relations: Consult with managers and associates on all aspects of associate-related issues including performance concerns, policies and procedures interpretation, misconduct investigations, terminations, and associate communications.
* HR Policies and Procedures: Provide advice on the application of and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures. Champion behavior that is aligned with the company's code of conduct and respectful workplace expectations.
* HR Partnership: Serve as a key member of the Pottery Barn Brands HR team. Responsible for driving select key cross-brand initiatives to drive the "ONE HOME' people strategy. Partner closely with HR shared services partners; Global, Total Rewards, Talent Operations.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 6-8 years of progressive HR experience.
* Leadership experience supporting a retail or related organization.
* Experience in HR with emerging brands a plus.
* Broad knowledge of HR practices including employment law, compensation, performance management, leadership development, coaching, employee relations, change management and organizational effectiveness.
* Experience managing people.
* Exudes positivity, smart problem-solving skills and creativity in developing solutions that achieve results.
* Excellent listening and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills.
* Global Business Acumen -- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
* Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
* Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high-performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
* Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking the initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
* Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners, and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
* Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.