Southern Arizona’s oldest Fire Protection Company is offering a great opportunity for a motivated experienced “Fire Exinguisher Inspector/Technician” in Tucson.
- Company provided life insurance
- Short and Long term disability
- Paid holidays
- 401k after one year and 1000 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Dismantles extinguisher and examines tubings, hoses, nozzles, neck o-rings, check stems and o-rings, and any other parts for defects.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts.
- Fills extinguishers with correct type of material including but not limited to: halon, ABC/BC dry chemical, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, water, or patented solutions.
- Performs leak check and cleans fire extinguishers that are serviced.
- Assists route service personnel with field maintenance of fire extinguishers.
- Tests low pressure extinguishers for conformity with legal specifications.
- Records hydrostatic test results.
- Removes cylinder valves using the de-valving machine.
- Operates the cylinder air drying system.
- Fills and leak checks breathing air cylinders using an air compressor and the cascade air system.
- Assists customers that require help locating or servicing products that the shop handles.
- Fills in and completes all required documentation in an accurate and timely matter.
- Keeps work area clean and organized at all times.
- Assists in building maintenance and repair, as well as performing some regular janitorial duties.
- Assists in shipping and receiving when necessary.
It is the responsibility of the employee to always wear the proper safety equipment including but not limited to: Safety shoes, head, ear, eye, and respiratory protection.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires use of a computer. It requires previous experience and/or training with Windows 98 and Goldmine.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have an Arizona Drivers License that is insurable by company policy. A conviction of a DWI or DUI, while driving a company vehicle is cause for immediate dismissal.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to twenty five pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates must by physically fit for these positions and should be able to regularly lift up to and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. A valid driver license and a pre-employment drug screen and a background check are required. You must also provide a current copy of your driving record from MVD.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Route driving experience: 1 year