We are ComRent International
We are a global leader in load bank rental solutions and service for testing and commissioning missioncritical power generating equipment. Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metro area, we’ve grown from a single location to the largest provider of load bank rentals in North America.
We are the only company offering medium voltage load banks that do not require transformers. We can provide load banks from 1kw to 50 MW at low or medium voltage, AC or DC. This means you can run a faster, more accurate test while benefiting from faster set up and tear down.
We bring a level of service, expertise and experience that is unmatched in the industry.
Have an interest in working with the market’s best power generation technology
Have a solid technical background in power generation equipment
If this describes you, a challenging career at ComRent is waiting for you.
We have an opportunity for a Technician in our Manteno, IL branch.
- Check-in rental equipment upon return/termination of rental to ensure all equipment is returned in satisfactory condition. Perform preventative maintenance on rental equipment to include operations and appearance.
- Maintain cable inventory to include inspection of condition/repairs if needed and ensuring all cables are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform testing on rental equipment to ensure that the equipment is available and ready-to-rent at all times.
- Perform equipment installation at customer’s sites. This will include but will not be limited to cable roll-out/roll-up services, equipment installation layout and technical assistance on rental gear.
- Enter all testing and rental information in company software system.
- Maintain shop and storage areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Deliver and pick-up equipment as needed.
- Assist customers as needed to ensure that rentals run as smooth as possible.
- Maintain all shop equipment in good, safe working order.
- Assist with shop projects which will include but are not limited to fabrication of new equipment and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Load and unload rental equipment on company vehicles, customer vehicles and commercial carriers.
- Assist in design and fabricating, but not limited to accessories, cable sets, enclosures and shipping cages.
- Assist in quality control and safety programs.
- Assist Shop Supervisor as requested.
- Be able to fill out logs/test sheets.
- Read/interpret electrical schematics & drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and computers in general
- Proficient in electrical formulas required to determine load bank capacities, power distribution and cable ampacity.
- Proficient in interpreting data derived from testing in order to determine acceptable testing parameters for rental equipment.
- Proficient in using multi meters.
- High School Diploma
- Good driving record with the ability to drive a company truck with trailer
- Must be willing to have personal information sent to public and private organizations for security clearance and budgeting.
- Be willing to travel on occasion to job sites for set-up, operations and removal of equipment.
- Provide own hand tools
- Have or willing and able to obtain a passport
- Have or willing and able to obtain OSHA10 Cert.
- Have or willing to obtain First Aid/ AED/ CPR Cert.
We offer a complete training program and opportunities to work with customers in a wide range of industries. Most of all, we want people who are excited about working with our customers as a trusted load bank advisor in both technical and business matters.
For immediate consideration, candidates should complete our online application process at this link: