The primary purpose of all jobs in our organization is to serve our members. This is either done by direct contact with our members or supporting those employees who do.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Receives and processes calls from members needing emergency road service and other membership services in an efficient and courteous manner without constant supervision. Provides high quality member service and determines appropriate level of service and accurately records all information via computer. Transfers information to dispatchers for completion as needed. Promote new and renewed membership sales through the Call Center, while cross-selling AAA Basic, Plus, RV, Premier, Associate, etc.
- Evaluates member safety and provide service accordingly. Counsels members to determine location of disablement utilizing appropriate reference sources.
- Determines level of service and routes call to appropriate service provider via dispatch.
- Counsels members on AAA policies and practices and determines if service requests are within established guidelines. Maintains knowledge of RSA policies and procedures.
- Informs member of AAA membership coverage, benefits, and conditions along with answering question about account, billing, etc. Counsels member on appropriate level of membership including AAA Basic, Plus, RV and Premier or additional associates.
- Inputs information into computer system for dispatching.
- Refers calls from out-of-state area to proper service provider.
- Verifies out-of-state membership status for level of service.
- Responds to and researches member call backs for ETAs (estimated time of arrival).
- Abide by AAA Colorado rules and regulations as set forth in the “Employee Handbook” and follow department policies, procedure manuals and memos.
- Keep informed on all AAA programs and be able to answer questions on such.
- Answer questions regarding road and weather conditions.
- Keep office orderly and clean in support of the office’s regular janitorial service.
- Dress and personal appearance to be pleasing and appropriate for office work.
- This listing of duties details is not intended to specify all duties involved in this job, so duties not listed but related may be assigned. Also, due to ever changing AAA services, operations and emergency situations, changed, additional or new duties may be assigned from time to time either on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Assists with on-the-job training of new member service representatives.
- May assist with dispatching, travel, and membership inbound and outbound call handling.
- Processes membership updates.
Demands / Complexity:
- Position involves work situations that are occasionally non-recurring and which conform to set procedures. Job involves a moderate degree of complexity/difficulty. Job operates from established and well-known procedures, either written or implied with some latitude for independent action.
- Position receives moderate supervision. Decisions are made within general company policy constraints but may occasionally require independent decision-making. Position has no budgetary or planning accountability or responsibility.
- Work is normally verified or checked by Call Center Lead and Supervisors. Errors in work or judgment may result in dissatisfied members, canceled memberships or increased costs.
Job is not supervisory in nature.
High school education or equivalent. At least one to six months of prior customer service experience recommended. Position requires strong communication, decision-making and telephone etiquette skills. Must possess outstanding customer service skills and ability to work within a team environment. Ability to keyboard at 35 wpm.
Ability to complete 3-week on the job classroom-style training which covers department operations, procedures, customer service standards and preparation for handling a variety of situations encountered in day to day work, role-playing, test calls and routing of calls.
Job includes extensive member contact and considerable telephone/computer usage. Repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time. Job involves extensive phone and computer work and requires ability to hear and speak. Must have strong English reading, writing, and speaking skills.
Work shifts may vary due to the business need to provide 24-hour/7-day a week, including holidays, assistance to members.