We are the world’s largest drywall manufacturing facility and we are looking for motivated people to join our team. If you enjoy being active, being in a warehouse environment, and are looking for an employer with longevity in the area, we’d like to talk with you!
Continental Building Products in Silver Grove, KY is an employee oriented environment that is constantly looking for ways to improve our efficiency as well as the employee experience. Safety and quality are at the top of the list for our employees. Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays immediately, retention bonus and a 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
We are currently hiring for employees to work on our wallboard distribution department. The Warehouse Driver will be responsible for:
- Working safely
- Safely operating a powered industrial vehicle (forklift) with a capacity of 15,500 pounds.
- Moving the wallboard from the manufacturing line, storing in the warehouse and loading the railcars onto trucks and railcars.
- Following safety rules and demonstrating a knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Performing housekeeping duties
- Have the ability to learn and follow quality guidelines and procedures
- Communicating efficiently and professionally with co-workers, other shifts and departments
- Have the ability to use computer systems
- Ability to effectively count inventory and Wallboard amounts.
Hiring for the following shifts:
- 2nd shift - 2:45 pm to 11:00 pm
- 3rd shift - 10:45 pm to 7:00 am
- 12 hour rotating shifts - which does require working on Saturdays and Sundays
- Ability to report to scheduled work on time every day
- Ability to work nights and weekends when scheduled
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment that includes: Hearing Protection, Steel Toe Boots, Safety Glasses, and Hard Hats.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team in a team oriented atmosphere
- The positions require working in an environment that is hot in the summer and cold in the winter as well as physical in nature
The starting rate of pay for this position is $14.50 per hour. A $.50 shift differential is available for all hours worked between 3 pm and 7 am. Opportunity to receive a pay increase is based on skills and ability.